Disney indicating cleavage. Why is this necessary?

Im sure you all have noticed the new disney princess themes and the new Tinkerbell stuff. They all have cleavage! The new Tinkerbelle movie is out and she's kinda naked, or might as well be. Some of the disney princesses have a little black line to indicate cleavage, (boobies are here)

I think that the Tinkerbelle movie and all her little girl fairie friends in there aren't dressed enough for a Disney film.
What does everyone think?

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• that is just wrong. They do not need to be sexy,

It is time to write letters to Disney and tell them to change back. Don't fix something was not broken.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think that there is nothing wrong with a naked body and I don't have any problem in the world with it. Sex isn't bad and I don't think we need to censure the fact that women have breasts in Disney films.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have noticed the way Disney is now portraying the Disney princesses. And it does bother me as a mother of 3 daughters and 1 son. You are right Ati sex isn't bad, but only if you are an adult. What concerns me more then Disney Princesses is the fact that the Hannah Montana/ I-Carly type shows are becoming more sexual in content with the way they dress and act.
    Deliverance

Answer by Deliverance at 8:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• "Sex isn't bad," but it is bad if it's a child.

I've got a toddler girl...and when I go to buy her a bike helmet, or a sippy cup, etc. It always seems I have two choices: half-dressed disney princesses, or Dora the Explorer.

Yeah, I get her the Dora stuff...I just don't want my daughter to think about looking sexy yet; it's just not time for that. Right now she just enjoys "naked" bath time without thinking about what her body looks like - it's so lovely; why would I want to mess with that now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ok seriously how many 2 year old know what sexy is....know what sex is....i grew up watching disney...and jasmine had cleavage..to this day i dont show cleavage unless i am wearing lingerie....or if we go out to dinner i may where a low cut top to show some cleavage but when you have dds its hard to tie them down....but when its me and my kids i run around in a t-shirt and sweat pants or jeans....i think parents allow there kids to dress sexy....i never was aloud to and my mom would drive to my school 2 times a day to see what i was wearing to make sure i didnt change my clothes....i never did....not once...i have always unless with my husband been a t-shirt and jeans type girl....and ill die in a pair of jeans chucks and a t-shirt.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Honestly, it isn't the TV shows, the music, the movies, or anything else parents want to blame. It's parenting. We all grew up with those heinous Disney movies (okay yeah I might get beaten for this but I am not a Disney person). Anyway, are any of us dressing that way? Probably not, because our parents taught us the difference between reality and fantasy. They taught us how to dress like real people not fictional characters.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• because women have boobies?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• wow well I was just in DisneyWorld in June. My husband said I don't ever remember Ariel having boobs. Did she in the movie cause she sure the heck does here. I have to tell you Ariel was stacked. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• wait.... breastfeeding is perfectly normal but showing a women has boobs isn't??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Women have cleavage, get over it. Now if nipples and butt cheeks or whowhos (hehe) are showing then I will be right there with you but not for showing that there is in fact a difference between males and females on the torso.
    Or should we hide that in real life too? Should I tape my size M breasts down so I just look like a chubby man? Should I not answer my dd's questions about my breasts (she will inherit huge ones too...it is on both sides of her family)? Should I teach her that breasts are dirty and something to be ashamed of? No I shouldn't and I won't.
    BTW I am that woman you probably saw at the store the other day (figuratively) who you were staring daggers at your husband was drooling over my cleavage instead of yours.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009