Here's a hard question

So i had an iud (paraguard)in for 2mo and during those 2mo i bled almost the whole time. It was irratating cause i was sick of bleeding. So i got it taken out 2weeks ago and the day before i got it taken out my dh and i had sex and i also quit bleeding the day i had sex. So my qoestion is how likely is it that i could be pregnant? My boobs have been hurting im tired all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same exact thing happen to me with Paragard! I had sex the morning i got the IUD taken out. I actually saw semen on the IUD when it was removed. My doc told me to get a morning after pill if i was worried. I calculated when I thought I might have ovulated. I never got the pill. I did not get pregnant.

This is really dependent on when you ovulated. If you can try to figure out your cycle despite all the painful bleeding, you might figure out if there was a chance. Also, you can make a good guess on your ovulation based on your cycle before the IUD.

Sore boobs could also indicate PMS. If your period is off, get tested.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It may just be your body adjusting to having the IUD out.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• There is a smal chance if you ovulated within a couple days after it was taken out, because sperm can live in the uterus for a few days, and then fertilise an egg once you ovulate, but it is most likly your body adjusting to the IUD removal, GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009