• In the Spotlight:

RSVPing

OK so my daughter's 3rd birthday party is 10/11. I sent out the invitations a week and a half ago to give people plenty of time to make arrangements. The only people I invited were 4 of my close friends, a friend with 2 kids, my family and some of my inlaws. So far only my family has RSVP'd. I know it's still early but it bugs me that my inlaws haven't even said they got their invites or anything. Would it be equally rude if I only get enough food for the party for the people who actually RSVP'd instead of for everyone I invited? I'm not making any plans yet but I mean if I don't hear from anyone by the time I order the stuff, would that be rude of me? Everyone knows I don't care about the gifts, I just like to throw parties and like to have things organized!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• People do so often suck at RSVPing. It's SO rude not to but we're living among trolls. If you short the food, everyone gets burned. I'd just call and ask the inlaws if they got the invite and say "I'm asking because I have to order enough food!" That will get your point across that it's impolite and you've been put in the position to call. On the actual day though, you'll want it smooth and easy so get enough food and don't add that to your worry / anger list. It's not worth it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It seems a bit early to get upset. I never have the RSVP date earlier than one week from the event. That gives me a week to get everything I need. What date did you write on the invites for people to RSVP by? Most of my friends and family call the day or two before the final date I put on the invite. It is not even oct yet, give them some more time before getting upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• they may think that you sending an invite was a formality. I would just call them up and say 'Did you get ___invitation!? She picked them herself.' (they answer) 'So you're gonna be here right?'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009