has anyone had one of these?

SO, last night I was in the ER for extreme abdominal pain, and it turns out I had an ovarian cyst, and it ruptured. All they did id give me a perscription for vicodin and told me to follow up with my OBG/YN. I made an appt but they cant get me in until Monday. So my question is, have any of you had this, and should I be worried? The ER doc didnt sound really concerned about it.

AzaleasMommy

Asked by AzaleasMommy at 7:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• I have had it before. Basically they gave me something for the pain and then put me on the pill. The pill is supposed to stop the cysts from forming. I was fine after going on the pill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My mother inlaw and sister inlaw(age 16) both have/had them. My understanding is that they really are not a serious problem (in most people) but that they can give you trouble and hurt like a mother. I would say not to worry to much if your doc wasn't and make sure you get to that appointment to find out how they are going to affect you.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 7:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• For something as painful as a cyst, it really isn't a big deal at all ~ they become a problem when they grow too large, and that can sometime require surgery, but that's a whole different disorder all together. Most women at one time or another have a cyst that ruptures and they think it's a bad period, or they never know it's there at all as often they just dissolve . . . try not to worry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had and have them, they can come and go they are very painful but cause no harm.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009