28 Weeks Pregnant....

I am 28 weeks pregnant, and have had some low dull back pain yesterday and today. Today it was pretty steady so I called the dr. and he told me to go in to be checked. They say everything is fine, but that I am already dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced and the baby is in -3 position. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i've had nothing like this before.. granted I know every pregnancy is different. Has anyone had this happen? and if so what were the results.. I'm worried he wont make it to term..

atjm0919

Asked by atjm0919 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow! I am 27 weeks, and I have been havig the same back ache thing, but when I went to the Doctors, they said my cervix was the way it should be, but that they'd keep an eye on it. I will be curious to read the responses you get.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That happened to me, however, I was only 80% effaced.
    And.. I was 20 weeks. :] 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced. I was having contractions, but they could spot it on the machine, so they sent me home.
    When I went in for a check-up, I requested one, because I had been having really bad back pains, and loose stools (sorry, TMI) and it got to the point where.. pushing actually relieved my extreme stomach cramps. Anywho. @ 22 weeks, I requested an appointment, and they saw me that day after looking over my ER file from 20 weeks, and what I was telling them.
    I was 3 cm dilated, and 70% effaced.
    Needless to say, I was careflighted to a different hospital, and was on strict hospital bed rest. They held my labor off until 27 weeks.

That's my story, and I'm not saying that it'll be yours.
    Just take it easy, try and stay off your feet as much as you can, or at least recline as often as possible. *hugs* Good luck to you, keep me posted!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009