Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if a child within Canada is declared as disabled, if there is any prevision set for the parent to leave work to care for said child? Any time of suplimentary to EI or the Disability Child Tax Credit?

I have a diabetic son who has been declared as disabled and I am receiving the disabled child tax credit, or whatever it is. My main problem is that my work hours are such that I can not be at home to monitor his morning testing and injections, and he hasn't done it for a few days. My stress level is rising and he has already been in hospital with two ICU stays because he is just not taking care of himself. I can't afford to leave my job without any backup plan, but have no idea what might be out there for this situation.

Answer Question

Asked by beckscooper at 7:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • I have no idea.  Try calling the Ministry of health.


    Answer by beeky at 6:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.