What does the "mucus" plug look like?

I'm sorry if this grosses anyone out but this is my 3rd pregnancy and I still haven't seen one. I think I lost mine a minute ago but I don't know what one looks like! I googled it but I haven't seen any pictures!

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol well I've lost mine twice already, this is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time it's happened to me in any of them. Apparently they "regenerate" (which sounds so disgusting to me) so even though I lost it once at 17 weeks and again at 22 weeks my ob said not to worry, it grows back! All I noticed was a heaping wad of snot (sorry for the TMI) when I went to wipe after using the bathroom. The mucus just kept coming no matter how much I wiped, but it wasn't blood tinged or anything, is yours? How far are you?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• brownish and mucosy - a slight discharge

Answer by admckenzie at 8:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm 36 weeks pregnant but we are iffy for a week, lol. I could be 37 weeks, my midwife and I and the ultrasound say 36 or 37 weeks. Thats exactly what it looked like, NO, not too much information, it looked like snot to me also but I couldn't find the word I wanted to use, lol. Maybe one drop of blood in the whole thing. It took me several wipes before I felt comfortable enough to stand up, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Well that's good then if you're that far along it probably means you'll go into labor within the next couple of weeks :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009