Baby names. Have some?

I'm pretty firm on the name I've chosen if the baby is a boy.
I thought I was pretty firm on the girl name, but now... I'm not so sure. I'd like to think of my options, but I'm honestly drawing up blanks! I flipped through a few baby name books at the bookstore today, but I didn't get very far, and I wasn't willing to purchase any of them.
So what are some of your favorite girl names?

The middle name will be LaVerne - if this little bean is a girl, she'll have 2 middle names. LaVerne is my DH's grandmother's and mother's middle name. I thought it'd be nice to pass on the "middle name" legacy for her, since my FIL's middle name was passed on to BIL, and then BIL passed it to his son. My MIL never had a girl, so she couldn't do it, and she always told me she wished she could. I believe her great-grandmother's middle name was LaVerne too, but I'm not sure.

Anyway! Girl names? Odd, weird, classic, I want them all.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 8:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Kaelynee
    Victoria- Torrie for short
    Isabella- Bella
    Emmaree (or Emory)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Wow, you both had family members with the name LaVerne? I'm totally not bashing, that is just not a common name. I think you should keep that name for the middle name. Sorry amy, but Kaeylynee is way overspelled. I'm not even sure how to pronounce that . . . is it kay-lyn-e or just Kay-lyn? And Emmaree . . . sounds like a nail filer . . an Emory board.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• lol. Yup, bridget, I kid you not.
    It's okay, she wanted us to name our first son after her father. His name was Guy Cleo - I said, "No.. thank you..." :]
    We named him Riley, after my DH's first duty station, and where we first met - she couldn't argue with the sentimental reasons there. But... Guy Cleo? No thanks.

And, I'm confused by the name as well. Kaelynee? Is it... Kaelyn? Or ... kae-leh-nee? Or... I don't understand that, and I think she'd have a hard time with it. My name is Kaidyn, and already people mispronounce it. :P
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• OHh. bridget- I meant that my DH's grandmother and mother has the middle name LaVerne. No one on my side of the family has LaVerne - we all actually have VERY korean names. :] Except for me... but yeah.
    And LaVerne is strictly going to be middle name only. And it'll be the third middle name.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• abbey taylor jones will be my baby girls name

other chica names i like

kristina jordynn
    alli marie
    Elisabeth Taylor

wonder why i capitalized just one? weird
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Ooo... Eva! It's my dream daughter's name! I'm usually thinking you don't want a first & middle name to have similar sounds, like KayLynn Laverne and the Ls, but I like: Olivia Laverne. Then I realized you said LaVerne would be the third name, so... Other girl names that have caught my fancy: Brynn; Jade; Juliana... Good Luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I like Jade, Gabrielle, Julia, Julie
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• LaVerne, Not as uncommon of a name as I though...Anyway  like Jayda, Kendree, Josephine and Lafaya.  You lucked out my G-Ma's middle names was Madolia(she webt by Dolie)...yeah... we didn't use that...

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My Name is emory, after my late father.. I never though of an emory board..lol. I am a woman so the name goes for both.
    I love the name Skyler.
    My girls are Kaitlyn and Sarah. Sarah Laverne?..pretty! I also Love the name Payton, Amanda, Brianna, Chelsey..Best wishes!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I always loved the name Tala. It's native american (I don't know what tribe) for Wolf. I had all boys so I never got a chance to use it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009