I'm 5 weeks pregnant and cramping. Can I take tylonel for it so that it will stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• More than likely, it's pretty normal.
    Just take it easy for a while, as much as you can, with your first born running around. :P But if the pain persists and/or the blood gets to be bright red, I would definitely call your OB or go to the ER - whichever one.
    Good luck to you! I think you'll be perfectly fine, momma.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• tylenol is absolutely a safe medication to take, do not use ib profin, motrin or anything else unless your dr. tells you it's ok
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It'll help alleviate some of the discomfort, but it's just your uterus stretching, making room for the little bean that's growing. :] It's to be expected during the first trimester.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• but i had a little blood when i wiped so now im freaking out :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• if you had any blood call your doctor just to let them know it can be nothing really, i had bleeding with vthis pregnancy off and on for 5 weeks and everything is turning out ok. but to be sure put a call into your doctor
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Call the doctor ASAP. Do not take anything for the cramping without speaking to him/her first.(You don't want to dull the pain right now so you can give an accurate description to the Doc.) I had some spotting at my 8th week right when I would've normally had a period. The blood was bright red at first and then faded to brown. I was fine but scared nonetheless. Better safe than sorry, call the Dr. right now!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• If you have a little blood, I would give your doc a heads-up, but spotting around 5-7 weeks is relatively common.
    As long as it's not excruciating pain associated with bright red blood, you're okay. I had spotting my first pregnancy. It was dark brown/light pinkish blood.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I HAD ALOT OF SPOTTING THAT WAS RED AND A TON OF BAD CRAMPIN WITH MY LAST BABY..HES NOW 3 WEEKS OLD. SO TRY NOT TO WORRY, U CAN TAKE TYLENOL, IT IS VERY SAFE FOR PREGNANCY. CALL AND MAKE AN APPT WITH UR OB JUST TO BE SURE.BEST LUCK
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It was only when I wiped and just a little bit. I had bleeding with my son too. So maybe thats normal for me? I just cant help but worry. If I get a gush or alot of blood I will call the doctor but for as little amount tht it was I'm not going to call right now. Thanks for your support and input!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009