C-SECTION OR DEPO PAIN?

OK SO IM 4 WEEKS PP AND HAD AN EMERGENCY C-SEC TION..MY FIRST EVER C-SECTION AND THEN LAST WEEK I GOT A DEPO SHOT..MY QUESTION IS I HAVE BEEN BADLY CRAMPING ALL DAMN DAY EVERY DAY SINCE THE DAY IG OT THE DEPO..OR I THINK. ITS WHEN I REALLY NOTICED IT....AND THE LAST 2 DAYS MY INCISION AREA WHICH HAS HEALED ALL THE WAY HAS STARTED HURTIN MORE AND MORE..IS IT FROM THE DEPO? OR IS IT FROM THE C0SECTION OR WHAT?? ANY IDEAS??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I didn't have the depo shot at all after c-section... or ever.
    But I know I cramped terribly the first 2-3 weeks, then it weaned off. And occasionally, it would spring back up again. My incision never really hurt, until it started healing from the inside out. The outside healed pretty well - but.. it was like I could feel the stitches dissolving. It was a pain.
    You could definitely bring this up with your doctor, voice your concerns over the matter.

For the cramping - take some Motrin, that's what they gave me, it's awesome for pain and menstrual cramps. It really worked wonders for me.

I also had an emergency c-sect, by the way.

Hope you get to feeling better.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? It causes your uterus to contract, just like contractions, and can be really uncomfortable for the 1st few weeks...My c-section took 7 weeks before it didn't hurt anymore...felt like forever. good luck!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• YES I AM ACTUALL...I PUMP THOUGH BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MEASURE HOW MUCH HE EATS BUT ALL THE SAME. WELL THANX LADIES.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2009