Late period, negative HPT

Hey Ladies - Just wondering if anyone else went through this and could give me some advice ... thanks!

I was supposed to start last Thursday, the 17th ... so as of today, I'm 5 days late. I have taken four pregnancy tests, all negative. Two were from the dollar store, and the other two were digital (one name brand, one not name brand). I just went to the OB to get blood drawn and should have results tomorrow.

Is the blood test the BEST thing I can do now? I'm so nervous that is going to come back negative and then I'm stuck wondering WHERE THE HELL IS MY PERIOD? Oh and DH and I are TTC #2. It took us 3 months to try with our son, and I had a miscarriage in July (I was 5 weeks, had a chemical pregnancy, then had a normal, on-time period in August) ...

Advice?

ap9902

Asked by ap9902 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Blood tests are one of the MOST accurate tests for pregnancy - besides an ultrasound, but sometimes, you're just not far along enough for the little one to pop up.
    Good luck to you!!

It might have been, if it does end up negative, that it's just.. a burp from your miscarriage (which, I'm very sorry for your loss, btw), and it's taking a while to regulate? If it does show up negative, I would definitely discuss this with your OB to find out what's going on.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Honey, I had taken 6 tests until today all negative and my next step was the blood test. Luckily, today my test was positive and I am 8 weeks... Some times it justtakes longer for the urine test so you have the right idea doing the blood test.

Good luck mama!!!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009