Bicornuate Uterus (Heart Shaped Uterus)

I had an ultrasound and the doctor said I have a bicornuate uterus aka heart shaped uterus. Does anyone else have this? Will my baby be okay? has anyone given birth with this problem?

misscomplex9890

Asked by misscomplex9890 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did the dr voice any concern about this and being able to carry a baby and have a normal pregnancy? If you doc didn't seem too worried about it, I wouldn't be. I have never heard of that personally, however I think it's kind of cool. Good luck!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My friend's mom had five children, all arrived a couple to four weeks early, and when she was done having kids, she found out she had this. So, I'm thinking your baby may come a little early, because there is less room in there.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I don't have that problem, but I have known people with it that gave birth to full term babies, I heard you have a bigger chance of the baby making it if it implated on the biggest side of the uterus good luck hun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thanks for the anwsers! My doctor didnt seem too concerned im just worried
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yep i have it! the only problem i had were that my kids were breech, so i had to have c-sections. but they were planned so i was prepared and didn't have to have a scary emergency one. but it didn't cause any other problems except my babies being breech.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 9:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009