Wic bashers, read this before making retarded judgments

I'm so sick of you people who think that people on WIC are extremely poor but yet abusing the system by having it and still being able to afford things like internet or whatever. WIC is a supplement, spell it out and say it with me "S-U-P-P-L-E-M-E-N-T" not like foodstamps and welfare. So therefore it helps people who fall in low to normal income ranges, not people on poverty! Here's the link, this probably won't shut any of you up but whatever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don' tknow why people judge WIC/Food stamps. They're so harsh about it and don't realize how lucky they are to Be above those income limits. I personally Don't want to receive Wic/foodstamps, I would like to live comfertably to provide myself/family with foods.

i personally feel like i receive TOO MUCH on my WIC checks. We always have more than we need, especially Juice and Milk. Next month I will be getting even more, because they are adding things to the checks (baby food, vegetables). And I'll be pushing pas the 6m BF mark, which means extra things still.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my family gets wic and we make a good amount of money! . for a family of five! we still are in limits they are like $968 for a family of five doesn't mean were poor.. we don't get food stamps or other help!!! but we get this which almost everyone can get if you look into it.. thanks for this statement.. :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• LOL! Thats all I can say.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Who cares what others think. Posting this won't change how people feel. You should not care how others judge you. It is none of their business.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• i love your post.. by the way... foodstamps is also a supplement program for some now based upon your income. it's not just for lazy non working people (a claim that people make about those on welfare, not what i believe). here is the link. working people qualify too!!!!

http://www.fns.usda.gov/FSP/

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• How is this a question? And why work yourelf up over what others think. You will not be able to change how another persons feels. If they think someone is XYZ for being on WIC that is their opinion to think whatever they want right or wrong it's their opinion.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Your use of the word "retarded" leads me to believe that you need to complete your education to make a better life for your children.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• We were approved when we lived in NY and our income was $50,000 for 6 of us.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009