How do you keep up with nursing and pumping in a day?

I was wondering because as soon as I feed My baby My breasts start to feel more empty. But within a hour My baby is hungary again so I just breastfeed.instead of pump, otherwise not much would come out.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 9:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
    But you don't have to pump everytime... I would do what you are doing too, breastfeed rather than pump if my baby was hungry or there wouldn't be enough milk.
    But if you are trying to have some back up milk to bottle feed or something... what I did was right before bed I would pump... after awhile by body knew that I would pump and I always had plenty of milk at that time and enough in the middle of the night too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Is there a reason that you are pumping so much? You CAN pump during a feeding, or right after, this will signal your body to produce more milk. You are never really empty, though you may feel that you are. I can probably give you a better answer if I knew what the reason for so much pumping was.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2009