How long after a c-section should my first doctors appointment be?

The hospital said 2 weeks...my doctor says 6 weeks. I remember it being 6 weeks for vaginal delivery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how the wound was closed. If you have stitches or staples you will need to see your Dr within 10 days to 2 weeks. If they have already been removed and steri strips applied 6 weeks unless there is a complication..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I went about a week after I got out of the hospital to have my stomach checked. Then I went back at 6 weeks for the normal checkup.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had the staples removed after a week and then back at 6 weeks for the usual check up. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My doctor actually did the glue thing and dissolving stitches for mine. Since I was having a really easy recovery (and was a stubborn bitch about not taking the painkillers, I hated the way they made me feel) he had me stop by his office two days after, but just to glance at it to make sure there wasn't any funny swelling, since there wasn't, I didn't see him again till 6 weeks. If I had waited another day in the hospital, I wouldn't have seen him till 6 weeks.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I went a week after....I didn't have staples or stitches I was GLUED....best thing ever...but then I went back every 2 weeks until about 10 weeks to check the incision....
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 4:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2009