My 5year old bugs me!

Okay so I sign my son up for soccer and he hated the first practiced and loved the second... So today was are fifth practice and it started off perfect is was warming up and practicing and doing whatever the coach said to do and half way thew practice he threw a fit he was just done! And i was so mad cause he threw a fit and tried to bargain with me! and I was like no! So I told fine lets go home but im taking away your d.s and your finishing all your homework which it is due Friday. SO we got home and he was still acting rude and evil and did only two pages of hw and now he is in his room... Help me I feel like I lost control...

beautiful2257

Asked by beautiful2257 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tell him he's being a poor sport and in life there are going to be things that are difficult and if he walks away he's going to be a quitter! I would explain that just giving your all and doing your best whether he wins or looses he will have succeeded. Good sportsmanship is important and being a team player will be something he has to deal with his whole life. Disrespecting you is not an option and if he does not do what you asked the consequence will get harsh. You can make his life easy or hard lol. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• maybe he doesnt like soccer? dont take it the wrong way- but that might be it- when my son who is 5 was in t-ball he hated it after the first few practices and games, we quit after it was half through- i didnt want to force him to do something because i was afraid it might turn him off to trying other things later in life- now he wants to try football next yr so well try that and if he likes it good, if not well keep looking- maybe u should ask your son what he wants to try- maybe ull be surprised- and remember- hes only 5!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Sometimes it's hard to remember they're still little, especially if it's your oldest. Was that the first time he has done that? Maybe he was having a bad day. It happens to us and it happens to them too.
    As for losing control... it doesn't sound like you've lost control to me. Consistency is the key and it sounds like you have that down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My daughter does stuff like that all the time shes 6..they are still little and havent had the time to get life all figured out yet. being patient and not letting them see YOU lose control is important. They rely on you to be the parent even when they think they are in control. I only have 1 so she is somewhat spoiled, which may contribute to her attitude. but I wish U luck,relax and dont let the little things get to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009