What is a safe way?

I live in Southeast Texas and it seems it is ALWAYS mosquito season here.. My husband works nights so when he leaves at night time the mosquitos rush into my house like storm troopers..What can I do or use on my nearly 4 month old daughter (she will be 4 months on the 28) to keep her safe from the mosquitoes? I have been told about the netting but I would just see them getting in the netting when I go to change her and getting trapped in there with her.. I don't know of any safe repellents for her age.. Someone told me to try Skin so soft by Avon but I am not sure I should because of her age.. I also heard that the smell of Peppermint and eucalyptus can be used as a way to ward them off.. I have the candles for mosquitos but I don't feel safe leaving one burning for hrs in her room while she sleeps.. Any ideas on how I can prevent my daughter from being mosquito bait would be highly appreciated!

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 9:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got some bug stuff made for babies at babies r us...supposed to be all natural. I can't remember the name of it but it had disney characters on it! I can't really say if it works though, I actually haven't used it yet - but they definitely sell some made for babies there. I think California baby makes some too! They're a great all natural company.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.in/baby/safety/mosquitorepellent/ This is the site I got the ideas from..are any of them valid or good? What is the best?? What has worked for you and your children when they were infants?
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 9:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My mom thinks I should rub some skin so soft on one of her toys that is in her crib so that the smell is there but not on her.. but I don't have any toys that she doesn't gum on..so if I do this I think I will just rub it on a rag and put it in her crib with her.. but will this work?
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 9:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I got a citronella candle in a bucket and one of those candle warming plates. Its not pretty, but its better than an open flame in the room. I just had to be careful to keep it up high enough he didn't reach for it. It wasn't such a problem here, but where my parents live its horrible.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009