have you heard this story?

I didnt see this but my husband was telling me that a woman told him today about a woman I think in Ohio who got (dont know the name) her egg and hubbys sperm planted in her so she could get preg. Its about 1 week until the baby is here but when its bornshe has to give it away because the dr. planted the wrong ones in herso she has to give the baby to the real parents, and if that is not bad enough, this is the last time she could try to get prego like this. Like I said I didnt see this but its how it was told to me, but I just dont think I could give it up. she must've tried for years for a baby, got one and gotta give it away. I couldnt even imagine going through something like this. What are your feelings on this? I definately think they should sue but money is nothing for what they have to go through.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 9:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would demand proof that what they told her is true.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have heard of this and it is a cruel situation. but i do agree with her having to give the baby up to the bio parents. this could also be there last time to have a child and they didn't permitt that there egg can be used. i tink the dr should compensate all medical bills and a suurogate for her eggs.
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I had heard about this as well. This is what I call a HUGE mistake. I hadn't heard what they were going to have to do, but if she has to give it up that is just awful! I mean, she has grown this baby inside her, whether or not it was her egg and her hubby's sperm. She obviously feels connected now. OMG, I just don't know what I would do other than sue the crap out of whomever was responsible. I know it's not her's biologicaly, but still... to have to give it up?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I do understand her turmoil and its just heart breaking, but i believe she chose to give the baby up. i believe it was either abort or continue with the preg
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The article is on cnn... she is choosing not to try to fight for this baby. The bio mother has been going with her to appointments as well. They are looking at having a surrogate mother have a baby with their embryos so they can have their child as well. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/09/22/wrong.embryo.family/index.html
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• wow i hope that doctor has some consequences for this!
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• The doc should pay for all costs already rendered, and should put the right eggs in her free of charge, don't they label that shit?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I live in Toledo Ohio, this happened in a suburb of Toledo called Sylvania. The couple was on our local news last night. She was given the choice to have an abortion...but being a woman who was struggling with infertility, she could not do it. She chose to have the baby and then give it to the parents. I think she has a beautiful spirt. She refused to take a mistake out on an innocent baby. She also took into consideration the other mothers feelings. The other mom has been cheated too...she will have her baby, but will miss out on the joy and hardships of pregnancy. Both women have been robbed to a certain extent. I only hope that when all is said and done, this woman does have her own child. A lucky baby it will be indeed, to have such a wonderful mother.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009