How can I prevent night terrors?

Kerrysmom07

Asked by Kerrysmom07 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Health

• I have found with my youngest, when he experiences bad dreams, that he has either had a bad day or has had something that has bothered him shortly before bed, that was left unresolved.
    If you make sure to got through a routine with your child( bath, reading a book with them, then one-on-one talk time), to wind down and discuss anything that may be bothering them for the day and make sure that their bedtime routine stays consistant and calm. It can help quite a lot. I hope things get better.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You can't prevent it. Not all kids experience it. They grow out of it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Our dreams come from a variety of sources mainly from the things we see and think about. These things then come out in our dreams and are usually in puns and riddles. For instance a friend of mine dreamed she was in a wheel chair the reason was she was undecided about some thing in her life which gave her the sense of being paralyzed. My daughter one time had a dream that her boyfriend was pushing this girl in a stroller the reason being was she found he called this girl baby. You see puns and riddles it all has to do with our thoughts, feelings, emotions, what we see on TV, people on the street etc.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 9:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my son is just now starting to outgrow night terrors. He is almost 4 and has had them almost every night of his little life. The dr. said he would outgrow them. She said wake him up about 30 min. after he goes to sleep and let him know you are there and she said that will rid whatever "poison" was in his mind. Also playing soft music or sounds is suposed to help too.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009