How do i know my marriage is over?

i have been in a loveless marriage for awhile now, but now its starting to effect me b/c i have 2 children and now the 4 year old is starting to pick up on how mean my husband is to me sometimes. and its breaking my heart the things he is telling me. i just don't know what to do. my mom and my sister what me to leave. need some guidence.. thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it would be better to leave. You don't want your children to think this situation is ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Take a break. Separations work well when you need to figure things out

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Follow your mom and sisters advice. Leave him. It's not healthy for your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• leave him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Your marriage is over when you are ready to give up on it. Not to awful long ago you both loved each other enough to want to spend your whole lives together. Life never turns out exactly the way we think it will.

I'm not saying you should put up with him being mean to you. Husbands can be mean for all kinds of reason. They are just as fallible as we are. My husband got really mean after our DD was born. He was man enough to talk to his doctor about it. The doc suggested he was depressed due to so many life changes all at once. He put him on medicine and within weeks I had the man I married back!

At least think about seeing a counselor. Someone you can talk to, that is not on CafeMom. A counselor can help you see all of your options and help you make the right decisions for you and your kids. They can also help you make things easier on the kids if you do leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I left when my 5 year old told his dad to "stop yelling at mommy" I thought that could never end well and I didn't want my kids having to step in feeling like they had to protect me.

Answer by missanc at 10:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• if he's abusive, physically or verbally than I would leave and try and work through it in seperate houses. God to counseling, seperately and together, and read the book "love and respect". I truely believe that people can change and that a marriage does not have to be over unless someone dies or remarries. I was in a place where I thought my marriage was over, and that it was all my husband's fault, untilwe talked through our differences and I began to humble myself and realize I had many things that contributed to our problems. This did not excuse his, but showed me my weaknesses and where I needed to work on things, I don't know you or your husband, but I'm sure he had some wonderful qualities that you admired and loved about him.... they are stil there, maybe there just hidden among your circumstances.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• LEAVE woman u deserve better
    PinkMomma08

Answer by PinkMomma08 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2009