how much to charge?

My daughter has been asked to babysit a two year old girl, how much should she charge?

tolittletime

Asked by tolittletime at 10:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• How old is your daughter and how long will she be keeping the child?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I usually pay $5 an hour for my son. When I was a teenager, I would usually charge between 3.50-4.50 depending.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• minimum wage at least. but how old is your daughter. 2 year olds can be handfuls. Is she someone who can be responsible, loving, caring and non abusive? we don't want to read about her in the papers. (that would be terrible). not all people are cut out for baby sitting. is she?

also i know that where i live, the public assistance pays 125.00 a week for daycare for kids to enable moms to go to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My teen is a red cross certified babysitter; she charges $7 an hour, we live in Chicago

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2009