What kind of laptop should I purchase?

I'm going to be headed back to school in the near future and I was looking in to getting a laptop. The problem is that I'm so completely confused! I don't want to spend a million dollars (I'd rather start small, then upgrade later) but I have no idea what kind of lap top is good!! I'd like to spend no more than 400.. but could possibly go as high as 500. Any suggestions??!?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 10:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you can wait until Christmas sales.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Apple. I love Macs!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Dell has some good ones they also have some great sales going on, give them a call or chat with them online and explain what your looking for they can design one that fits you. Good Luck ..
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro, it was cheap but good. I think I paid around 500 $ for it.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 10:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Acer has been GREAT to me. Also, while I understand you don't want to spend too much, I would go for a $700-800 one. I have found the lower priced ones end up being big mistakes in the end.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I am on my second toshiba (my first one was handed down to my kid). I just bought the 2nd on this weekend for $430 at Office Depot, other stores had the exact same model for $550. I love it, even has the extra key pad. Best Buy had a bunch of them on sale also.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• we purchased a dell.. on ebay. we paid less than 500.00. it works great!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have a dell and I love it! My fiance has an HP, and I do love the computer, but the battery life on his is horrible! (I have no idea if this is an HP thing, or just this particular computer, but a friend of mine also has an HP thats a similar model, and her battery life sucks!)
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 11:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I have an Acer. I paid 500 for it but I just saw my same one for 450 before tax. I bought it at Best Buy last year. I haven't had any problem with it. They also have those tiny 10 inch ones, I've seen those for as little as 300. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009