do you get "homesick" for your parents?

That is how I feel...for the last ouple of days I have missed my mom so much...i feel like a little kid....i havent been able to sleep or think straight or anything...i jsut feel very weird, and i even feel sick to my stomach...the same way i use to feel when i was little and would stay the night with someone......I have seen me mom everyday....but i just dont know how to get over thsi feeling

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 10:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ...I have been homesick for my mom for over 5 months.
    She died April 14th of this year. 4 days before my 22nd birthday.
    ...I miss her sooo much.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• nope...my mom is a bitch. My dad is a dick. lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• ...my grandpa dies on april 14th too
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Since last year when I lost my Mom suddenly I now miss my Dad. I've seen him a few times in the last year but I miss him terribly. He lives 4 states away and stops in while he is traveling. I was just at his house 2 weeks ago and he just stopped by here on his way to Florida. I talk to him on IM Yahoo everyday and several times a week on the phone but I wish he lived close enough for me to see him nearly everyday. What your going thorugh is normal in my opinion. {{hugs}} Hope you feel better
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I feel the same way and I fear thier death.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My mom didn't want to be a mom or a grandmother and we haven't seen her in over 10 years. My sister married a guy that is a criminal and is on the run. I haven't seen her for about 14 years.

I get homesick wishing I had a mother and a sister.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I do.. I moved away from home a few years ago (out of state) and I always miss my fam back home but since having dd I miss them even more. I hate that my daughter isnt growing up around family. I talk to my my at least 2 or 3 times a day and its not uncommon to talk to her much more.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• gawd no. We live with my dad so I see him every day and he mostly drives me nuts.
    I miss my mom, though. She died 9 years ago.
    When we didn't live here I rarely thought about my dad and we only talked a couple times a year. I was never really close to my parents. Love them both but we're not all friendly like that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• big time! I live in georgia. my mom is in NJ, dad is in Mass and my sis is in Oregon. my parents came down for my son's 1st birthday which was awesome, but 4 days isnt enough. I especially miss them during the holidays! SO's family will never ever match the traditions I grew up with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I'm constantly homesick for my parents. My mom is my other best friend (aside from my husband) and I'm close to my Dad. I saw Mom just last week (she came to visit for a week). I don't get to see them as often as I'd like, since they live a 7 hour drive away, but I make it up there every chance I get.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2009