what does this mean exactly?

My dd just had her three year checkup and this was the first appt with new dr. they gave me these growth charts that said my dd is in the 75th percentile for stature-for-age 50th percentile for weight-for-age and 50th percentile for BMI-for-age

what does that mean? that she is a little tall but average weight? do I have that right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• 50th for BMI means completely average.. 50% are bigger than her and 50% are smaller than her at her age. 75th means she is taller than 75% of kids her age and 25% of children her age are taller than her. They say anything between 3% and 97% is "healthy" I know thats a wide range but sounds like dd is healthy!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• THANKS!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• yep yep:)
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• That means if you put her in a line with all the other kids her age 75% of them would be shorter than her and 25% taller. For weight she is right about in the middle. Dr.'s like to see the numbers close to the same percentile, but if they are not then your's is in the right way. She's tall and thin. Just be sure she is eating enough. Kids can be underweight too.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009