What happens when Alice burns the pot roast?

I don't think you ever see The Bradys go out to eat together as a family (the one exception may be at that amusement park in Cinncinati) as Mr. and Mrs. Brady seem to keep that a luxury only for themselves. So what happens when Alice burns the pot roast? Do they make her fix up something else? Or do they hire the retro pizza delivery man to bring over 5 or 6 pizzas that night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmm, very good question. But, Alice never burns anything. Her entire job consist's of standing in the kitchen watching the food cook.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• LOLOL your TOO funny. I watched that show growing up when it was new, yea I'm that old. I dont recall the parents going out to eat while leaving all 6 kids at home.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I asked this question because I was watching an episode where Alice burned the Pot Roast (she was being the judge in a trial to determine whether Bobby took Kitty Karryall or not)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• They lock her in a closet with Sam the butcher and they play seven minutes in heaven......JK! I love the one when Jan has the "secret admirerer" and finds out it's *gasp* Alice!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I remember that episode where the doll turned up missing and the pot roast burned!
    Spoiler: The dog took it.

Anyhow, they didn't have pizza delivery back then because it was only served at teen hangouts and thought to be as unwholesome as a hamburger.
    There were too many in the family to eat out.

I believe Alice cooked up some soup and made sandwiches with her apologies, unless she had enough time to call Sam to deliver a fresh roast for her to cook for a later dinner so the veggies and potatoes did not go to waste.
    Alice was a very resourceful lady. Especially with the directors and camera crew on hand to cheer her on. {wink, wink}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Op here - just coming back to see answers. ...Never even thought about there not being pizza delivery back then. Greg was always taking some chick to the pizza place (and then there's that whole frogs on the pizza drive-in episode) so I just assumed they had it. Ah, the things you learn. Thank God I was born later. What would I do without internet and pizza delivery? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2009