My son wont eat from a spoon anymore.

i started feeding my baby jarfood about 3 months ago, he ate from a spoon with no problem until about 1 month ago he just stopped, i tried to be tricky and feed him when he was fussy so that way his mouth would open, it worked for 2wks then he caught on.Then i made him laugh, again once his mouth open i fed, he caught on again.Now nothing works, i need advice.I also tried the bottle sippycup feeder too, he takes one sip then stops.help plz

AshleyIsExcited

Asked by AshleyIsExcited at 11:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont worry about it! if he prefers to eat with his hands, as long as he is eating is what matters! encourage the use of the spoon by offering it with his meal, or have him watch you eat with silverware. he'll eventually get the hang of using a spoon!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Try a fork. My DD likes eating baby food off of a fork and a spoon. Forks feel different in the mouth than spoons do so she likes to switch it up every now and then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It sounds like he's ready to graduate to solid foods. I would let him eat finger foods for a few weeks and then if you really want to get some baby food in him you could try again. Otherwise give yourself a pat on the back, you've made it out of the messy/ expensive baby food stage.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• He's 7 in a half months and he's developing and learing everything so fast, its like he went thru the spoon phase now he wants to leave that and upgrade.lol but thank u ladies.
    AshleyIsExcited

Answer by AshleyIsExcited at 11:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2009