how much formula are you feeding your newborn?

I'm breastfeeding and formula feeding. He is soooo greedy at 4 days old! I just gave hime 3-4 oz in a matter of 2-3 hours of formula. Is this okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you don't really want to breastfeed? Yes, it's fine. If you want to save $$ and breastfeed stop all bottles and let him nurse as much as he wants. Your sabotaging yourself otherwise. :/
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• For medical reasons I have to supplement with formula. I wish some of you moms would just stop being so judgemental while offering your "opinions" and skip the question if you don't have an actual answer to the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I answered. Get over yourself, not everyone is judging you. Maybe YOU should stop judging yourself.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That is a lot, but if that is what he needs i wouldn't cut him off! My dd was drinking an ounce and it went to 2 when she was a week. Just give him the amount he needs and he will be fine! Everybaby takes different amounts to fill their tummies and it sounds like you have a hungry one! :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I only formula fed my son in the hospital at a day old was drinking 6oz of formula every 2-3 hours he was a pig. By 2 months he was drinking much more. He was a little piggy. Every baby is so different I would contact your doctor and trust your own instincts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009