things to do for a sahm whos husband is deployed to afghanistan?

I have a 4 month old son and my husband is gone till feb. what are some ideas i can do to take up time and make the days go by faster?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 11:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmm, I was going to ask this question earlier. Some things I considered were getting the stroller and taking the baby to the walking park, or a local mall if you have one (I don't). If you have a friend that will go, that's even better, you'll have someone to talk to. I also started an exercise regimen using p90x an hour a day. It's better than sitting around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Make a quilt. Its a good way to eat up time and have something to remember a time period of your life by.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• cafemom hehehe
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I meant to add The Newcomers Club.
    serioussifL

• redecorate (doesn't have to be major stuff, new curtains/throw pillows, comforter, that kinda thing), teach yourself new recipes, read some books you've always wanted to read, join a mommy and me group, work on losing baby weight, learn something you've always wanted to learn (painting, sewing, quilting, how to change oil..), take a class (if you have a friend who can watch your baby, have her watch baby and take a fun class w/someone you know, pole dancing, yoga something fun you can do once a week or so, so you have some me time away from baby), put together a scrapbook...theres so many things you can find to pass the time, you just have to figure out what you want to do. if you want to work you can always get a part time job too, you'll meet people, be busy and get grown up time
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Exercising, redecorating the house, one room at a time, de-junking the house, inviting a friend over once a week to spend time with, learning how to sew, there are some awesome sewing groups on CM, they make some neat things, make a scrapbook for your husband to look at when he gets home, there's lots of scrapbooking supplies in the craft section at Wal-Mart. Read...When I get tired of doing the "usual" reading is something I like doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Vabchmommy basically suggested everything I said. She just beat me. LOL. Anyways, scrapbooking is really fun and does make time go by for the record.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My husband left for Afghanistan just a week and a half ago. I have several sewing projects planned, a couple of cross stitch things planned, and I just started a TaeKwonDo class that I'll be going to 3 nights a week and possibly Saturdays as well.

Both kids are in school, and my daughter is in TaeKwonDo as well.

See if you can't find a mom's group of some sort. I know on our post we had play groups, sewing clubs, book clubs, Moms of Preschoolers, general Mom's groups, and several others. Check with your Morale and Welfare (or what ever it's called, I know for the Army it's MWR, not sure about for the other branches,) and they should have a list of things they can hook you up with.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• scrapbook!
    It will help you pass the time, let you explore your creative outlet, let you admire those adorable baby pics of your 4month old AND help DH see what things took place while he was gone, in a sweet and memorable way.

My DH is deployed in Iraq. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• excerise, walk, spending time with family, read, pray, Go to Church, get involved in your church, spend time with realatives, friends, cafemoms, join a text mom group on cm, take a cooking class, go to the library, go shopping,
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2009