scared crazy

i had my son 10 weeks early...he's doing well but when i talked to the nurse tonight in the nicu they said the had a spell that involved him forgetting to breath and his heart rate went below 50 ....my heart dropped into my stomach and i'm scared crazy i'm going to lose him...they keep telling me it's normal he's still so young...i don't know how to deal with this information...i can't stop crying...he's so far away and i just want to be there...i don't expect any answers back...i just needed to vent...please pray for my son...

longing2beamoth

Asked by longing2beamoth at 11:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Praying for you and your baby_Hang in there I'm sure if it was a huge deal the nurse would have expressed it in that way. Just stay positive and keep faith. :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Praying for you hun. *hugs* gl
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• sorry you are going through this!! i know its hard to leave your baby... been there done that...not as long as you will have to deal with it though... my son was born at 36 weeks... which isnt that bad... but his lungs weren't cooperating and he had to go the nnicu the day he was born... 3 days later he was to come home and the exact same thing happened.. hear rate dropped he stopped breathing for a split second ( which premature babies do which is one reason they are more prone to sids) which is also why he is hooked up to so many monitors. They made him stay 7 days from the incident.. it was horrible..
    he wasn;t teeny or anything.. he was 6.13 and 20.5 inches .. the exact same as my 2nd child who was full term... goo dluck with everything... he'll be home soon enough... nnicu nurses are very attentive and caring!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• No matter what happens TRY and remember it's ALL in God's hands. Worrying does no good and helps no one. You need to regain your stregnth so when baby is big enough he can come home. Give it all to God and let Him deal with this. I pray you and your baby get the stregnth you need.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• my prayers are with you. When do you get to bring your baby home? I would highly recommend getting an angelcare monitor that will monitor breathing, it will give you peace of mind.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• hugsHang in there momma! I pray your son is alright!

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• you are certainly in my prayers you also may want to breast feed sine he was born 10 wks early to help his immune system. im praying all goes well

GOD Bless!!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I will be praying for you. Just remember that is why he is in the NICU so he can be monitored, if he forgets to breath at least he is in the hospital and an alarm will go off so someone can help him. Hang in there Mama.
    Colie68

Answer by Colie68 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009