Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't dislike my doctors, just their handling of my pregnancy, should I go back?

The office I used last time had 2 doctors who took turns being on call and whomever was on call was the one who delt with you when you went into labor. I was in for monitoring and my blood pressure shot through the roof. They called the doctor and he said induce, so they did, and it didn't take. The next day his partner checks me and say "I see no reason for you to be here, go home and come back in 3 days for monitoring." So I did. Came back and it was Dr #1 again, asking why they released me in the first place and telling me I could NOT leave till I had the baby. Induce, nothing happens. Next day Dr 2 comes in and is confused why I am there again, but gets told by the nurse that I am not allowed to leave unless Dr 1 releases me. I eventually had a c-section for safety. But based on this would you go back? Not even sure I have an option, they are the only OB in this small town. What should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by auroura at 11:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (39 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • wow i would try to find a new place to go...

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • No i would not go back.
    ...i would find a midwife.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 11:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • Id find a NEW Dr's office and possibly contact the medical board and report these 2 Dr's. You and your baby could have died because of these 2 incompetent Dr's and you wanna go back?


    Answer by vbruno at 11:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I'd definately not go back. I'd find a midwife too.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 11:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • Do what feels right.
    My OB said I had herpes, and it was a huge flook. I got tested 3 times to triple check. He was a great doc other than that, BUT I will never go back to him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • Why go back? :- /
    I would suggest looking for someone who gives better care.
    I know that high-risk situations call for the specialists, but if you aren't high-risk, yah, get better care!
    I agree with the midwife suggestion. You have a better chance at a safer and more satisfying experience when you hire a Normal Birth Specialist instead of the surgeon(s).

    Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • please do a VBAC. find a midwife and educate yourself on birth. It's so unfair that doctors abuse first time mothers like that.

    Answer by charisma10 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • According to one doctor I have already talked to, he considers me high risk because they never figured out what was causing the blood pressure spikes (that it turns out were the nausea and dizziness I had reported throughout the pregnancy and had been told were normal). That was his grounds for refusing to take me as a patient if I wanted to get prego again.

    Answer by auroura at 11:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

  • I say not to go back. I would also recommend finding a midwife.

    Answer by armanaqueen630 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

  • I would find a new clinic, even if you have to drive an hour to see them! Family Practioners will often times deliver babies, too, especially if it's a normal pregnancy. And Midwife's are AWESOME, they spend alot more one-on-one time with you and are slightly more personable.

    Answer by brighteyesbryar at 1:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.