Libya, N Korea, Venezuela are getting MILLIONS of our tax dollars. What do you think?

More than 37 billion dollars is collected/spent by Foreign Aid Budget.

Here is just a sample
$98 million to persuade Kim Jong-il of North Korea to give up nuclear weapons
$20 million for political prisoners and political rights in Castro's Cuba
$6 million to promote civil society in Hugo Chavez's Venezuela
$500,000 for border security in Muammar al-Qaddafi's Libya
$26 million to help train police in Evo Morales' Bolivia
$56 million to support the rule of law and human rights in Vladimir Putin's Russia, arguably one of the world's richest nations.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/22/tracking-taxes-sending-billions-aid-despots-wealthy-nations/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Thats just the TIP of the iceburg. America pisses away trillions of $ in "aid" to hostile governments for what? We are the super power of the world yet millions of Americans are poor, starve, have no health coverage or homes to live in. I say charity starts at home. When our own country has it's problems fixes then we should help other and NOT before.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• And all the while.................
    Tonight I went to the local Italian restaurant to support the public school that now has to depend on fund raisers from local businesses.
    There are Pizza Hut logos on math worksheets and stuff because there isn't enough money going to our childrens education!!
    We need to take our government back!
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 11:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• What about all the big companies that operate businesses in foreign (low or no tax burden) countries in order to avoid US corporate taxes, while at the same time outsourcing jobs to low wage foreign workers?

All at the approval of Congress- special interests -
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sigh, I'm not sure exactly what's going on with journalism in this country when a so called "main stream" news organization can pretend that money spent trying to undermine foreign governments is aid to said governments. Newsflash, border security in Libya is to keep Quadafi in Libya and out of Egypt. Money spent on political rights in Cuba is meant to undermine the Castro brothers. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• $360 million to Jordan to advance political reforms and make local health improvements
    $250 million for Egypt to push political and economic reforms
    $109 million to help foster democracy in Lebanon
    $400 million to the Palestinian Authority, which doesn't even represent the 1.5 million residents of Gaza

"HEALTH" improvements for Jordan?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• $200 million to integrate Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina into the EU
    $177 million to fight greenhouse gas emissions in other countries
    $90 million promote energy independence and sound economic policy in former Soviet bloc Ukraine
    $62 million to develop a more vibrant civil society in Georgia
    $11 million to encourage reunification in Cyprus, which hasn't happened in 35 years
    $28 million on peace in Somalia, where pirates room free, and there is no actual government
    $3 million for climate change in Jordan
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Hey anon :19 come back and put some spin on the others for me.

What about the 28 mil for Somalia or the 360 mil for political and health reforms in Jordan.

Sisteract, if the government didn't put have so many regulations and didn't tax out the wazoo corporations would stay in the US. Do you run a business? Do you have any idea what kind of crap a businessowner in the US puts up with?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• What? You mean our country is just NOW starting to give countries our tax dollars? Darn that Obama administration for thinking this up. How much is given to Israel and Pakistan? I see you did not add those.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 12:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sorry bubsiclesmom, my cut & paste talent only goes so far. :) I didn't say a word about Obama now did I? Would you like for me to ask a question about his spending? I can. Or how about this instead? Obama promised changed. He promised the American people that he would go line by line to eliminate waste.

I guess some people just can't fathom that some of us are sick of the spending that has been going on for DECADES.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009