Do you think they handled the situation with Caster Semenya correctly? They are saying now she is a hermphrodite.

I just hate that she had to find out the way she was through testing. She was raised a girl and she has to feel hurt and alone.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 11:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I tried to find anything saying that she had competed as a male before, and all I could find is that she played soccer with the boys when she was a child, but lots of girls do that. Lots of girls are considered tomboys, that doesn't make them any less a girl. Anyway, my heart goes out to her, and her family.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree with you, hurt, alone and publicly humiliated. NO, I don't think they handled this well at all.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• She/IT was the one competing one month as a girl the next as a man. She/IT knew what it was all along. Alone? No there's allot of hermphrodite in the world. It was the one who caused the spotlight to be on it to begin with.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Its people like you vbruno, calling her an IT, that make it very difficult for people to go on in the world!! Its also people like you that make me almost hate people completely! How would you feel if your son or daughter was born without all the organs to be female or male? Would you call your child an IT??? Would you call your family members an IT???? Regardless of anything else, she is a PERSON!!! (to answer the question though, NO, they didnt handle any of it the "right" way) Wow, its no wonder though we have so much hate in the world, people cant accept ANYONE as a PERSON, they would rather see them as an IT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think she is handling it very well.

http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/minor/files/2009/09/caster.jpg

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Shim still looks like HIM, so forgo the makeup and dress, your feet are still in a size 13 pump and that huge ass Adam's apple is not going anywhere anytime soon. I feel no empathy for him, this is a man. The family knew it when the genitalia didn't look quite right, when she never menstsruated and never grew breasts. Coming down to breakfast and greeting momma in the kitchen with her new Barry White voice at 15 I'm sure was not the first clue there was a Shim in quesiton. The family knew from the beginning and chose to raise it as a girl because there was no physical penis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2009