what do you do when someone you love (so much it hurts) is dealing with something difficult?

This is so hard. How do I help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• All you can do is be there for that person and give moral support.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• It depends on what it is.
    My DH has been trying to deal with me and my grieving process for just over 5 months now. My mom died in April.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my sister died right before me and my hubby got married(a month before) and its hard to say what you do.....be there and support what they are feeling....i never cried when my sister died until i got pregnant 5 months later......his family said i should get over it shes dead....he told his parents to shut the fuck up and to mind there own business.....they believe that when someone dies there dead elave it there....but yet none of them have lost a sister who had a 4 month old baby and was getting her life together.....and he knows that to this day i wish it were me......i didnt have kids i wasnt married....she had a baby she left her abusive husband and found the greatest guy in the world that loved her and her son.....and she died at 20 years old.....and here i was 17 and had none of that.....i wonder why it wasnt me.....and i am very selfish for feeling that way....but how does anyone know how someone will react to death..
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You say "I'm here in however way you need me to be".
    Each circumstance is different, as is each person and how they handle difficult situations. Without knowing what the situation is it's hard to be more helpful, but "however you need me to be" covers pretty much everything.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You have to allow them to work through it. You can only be there for the person for support.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2009