I want to get pregnant...

ok I have had 8 children over the last 19 yrs, after my daughter was born her father and I decided we were done so I had my tubes tied. She was born in March 06 and he left us in May06. Since then I have recently remarried and my hubby and i want to have a baby any suggestions?

mamacotten

Asked by mamacotten at 11:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should see an OB and talk about having it reversed. It can be expensive and whether or not it works depends on several things:
    1. The type of tubal ligation that you had (what method was used to tie your tubes)
    2. Your age
    3. Your husbands sperm
    4. Your overall health and prior surgeries
    5. The experience of your surgeon(s)
    If the reversal fails you can try IVF, which depending on the state you live might be covered by insurance. Or you could try just going with IVF.

I have 4 children from my first marriage and remarried. We're trying for #5. It's funny that we women get comments about how we shouldn't have anymore, but no one bats an eye when men leave and have more. Gotta love double standards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ummmmmmmm 8 isnt enough?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You need help woman! 8 kids? and want more? What? the 8 you have dont go without enough? you want to bring more into this world so they can have even less? Seek professional help.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ok so my * is a shocker to most so let me update this I only have 5 at home... My hubby dose not have any, hes35 and I am 33 so YES we want a baby togeather?
    mamacotten

Answer by mamacotten at 12:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• wow vbruno you just only have rotten things to say dont you??? Didn't your nice christian family and nice christian values teach you that if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all?
    WonderMom7.19

Answer by WonderMom7.19 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I"m more shocked your only 33 & have 8. wow were you busy or what? I mean really have as many as you want but, wow.
    They only thing you can do now is either adopt some kids or try to have the tubal reversed..which is expensive & may not work. good luck to ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Good for you. I'm one of 9 kids and if you want more, go for it. I loved being a part of a big family.
    shaylynnp

Answer by shaylynnp at 12:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009