Breastfeeding moms bashing Formula feeding moms.

I am 17 and I have a 6 month old daughter. I am on WIC. I have been since before my daughter was born they supply me with 25 cans of formula. Each can has 32 oz in it. I don't care what people say. I am blessed to have WIC and I don't see why breastfeeding moms have to bash formula feeding moms especially the ones that are on WIC. I know that breastfeeding is whats best for babies but I couldn't breastfeed. Yes I said COULDN'T not WOULDN'T. I didn't produce milk so I HAVE to formula feed. So don't be so high and mighty. Get off your damn high horse and get over yourselves. I don't understand why everyone has to be so judgmental about it.

What is your malfunction?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 12:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• People are assholes! Don't let them get to you!
    Just cause they breastfed and you formula feed it doesn't make a difference! My kids are smarter and healthier than all my friends who breastfed, no difference.
    Oh wait there is a difference! My breasts are still tight and perky and they have saggy ones LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I dont get this question? Malfunction? Who has a malfunction. And what state do yo ulive in to get 25 cans of formula a month. My baby does not drink tha much formula at 5.5 months! That is crazy. I only get 9 cans of about 12.5 ounces.....and then i have to buy 4 extra or so a month. This must be a troll post bc the WIC program does not ive that much formula to one baby.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• First off, it goes both ways. There is a lot of bashing and name calling in both directions. ...and you just proved that. :)
    Secondly, many of the moms who say they "couldn't" breastfeed are unaware that there are LOTS of other alternative or things they could have done that might have helped and MANY (not all) breastfeeding moms are aware of those things and expect that any "good mom" would have made all attempts to reach out and find any information possible.

There are supplements you could have taken to increase or create milk flow. I'm sure there are other things too, to help with breastfeeding, but that is as far as my knowledge takes me.

I think it is wonderful that you at least gave breastfeeding a try. :) And there are lots of other breastfeeding moms who feel the same way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Because for whatever reason, someone has had a bad day and feels the need to put someone else down. Maybe they are just in a crappy mood.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yeah they do. I live in PA. and its ready to feed. I get 12 cans on one check for the month and 13 on the other.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 12:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i did not even know they gave ready to feed...its way more expensive i am shocked they would give you that much even if it is ready to feed.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Things To Do At The Movies

1. Throw popcorn around and yell, "It's snowing!!"

2. Laugh when the good guy dies

3. Start a conversation on your cell phone right when the movie starts

4. Point to the beginning credits and say, "That guy dies."

5. Order pizza halfway through the movie

6. Sit between couples

7. Nonchalantly eat popcorn from other people's containers

8. Announce loudly to everyone in the theater that you are going to the bathroom

9. Bring in your own food such as soup and SLURP loudly.

10. Wear tall hats to block other people's view

11. Walk in as if you are a big shot while wearing the most outrageous outfit; spandex should do the trick.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Anon..my breasts are not tight and perky and i did not breastfeed, although that was not the reason. lol ppl think breastfeeding is what does the boobs in, its not. its pregnancy.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sorry, I feel like you are venting so I thought you could use a joke to cheer you up!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I DID NOT BREASTFEED because I didn't want to. Who really cares? I'm a grown woman capable of making grown up decisions. I could give a rip who breastfeeds and who doesn't. Frankly, anyone wasting time bashing on either end doesn't have enough to do. Ignore, ignore, ignore!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009