Going to the doctor....

I have to get a physical for college.

For some reason, I'm really worried about it. I haven't had one in a long while. I don't like people getting near my mouth, how do they usually examine the mouth and throat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• with a tongue depressor...they just hold your tongue down for a like 1 second & peer inthere with a light. THat's it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It's fine. It won't include a pap will it? I think it's just ears, nose, throat, lungs, heart, blood pressure, that sort of thing. They may weigh you or do blood work but maybe not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• (OP)Thank god! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to be ashamed of- I just feel violated when people look at my mouth. It's a me thing, I'm strange. And no, it's not going to include a pap- I would die!! I have to have MY doctor do that.. and that right there is STILL hard enough.

On my paperwork, which they have to fill out- it says "check mouth and throat- which is why I thought it was going to be like going to the dentist"..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If the back of your tongue is able to flatten without the aid of a depressor then the doctor won't even use one - they will just look into your open mouth with a light, ask you to stick out your tongue and say "ahhh." They are just checking your tonsils, if you have them, the condition of the skin at the back of your throat, and the condition of your uvula (the hangy-bally-thingy...lol).
    It should be fine. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009