Does anyone know about NATIONAL GUARD??? HELP

My SO wants to join. I guess you get a 40,000 sign up bonus. How dangerous is it? For wives in the national guard, how is it? How long are they gone? Have they ever been gone?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The national guard soldiers have just as much of a chance to be deployed as anyone else in the military. The only person that I know who is in the national guard only has to go to drill once a month, bu the went to bootcamp like the regular army, and has been deployed for almost an entire year already...and they want to send him back within three years. He did missions like any other soldier. It is basically the same except you can stay at home and just report to the base at drill times or any other manditory times. The pay and bonuses were good in my opinion since he was able to work a second job and then received a base pay when deployed.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ditto to what CurvyMom said. But I would add.. that 40,000 depends on what job you sign up for. The sign on bonus actually starts at 5,000.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 12:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My bro is in NG. He was sent to Afghanistan for a year. He was almost there an extra 6 months. ...I guess now there's a chance he will have to go back there in a year or two. As for bonuses and raises and such it sounds like they're always messing up on the paperwork and stuff like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2009