why can't ihave sex? why would it hurt?

its been two weeks since i vaginally gave birth, why do i have to wait to have sex? why would it hurt? i feel fine and i know the doctors say you should wait six eeks i was just wondering if any one of you guys could tell me why? my husband and i are so ready because i wasn't ever in the mood in my third trimester and now i am and we can't do it according to the doctors. would it hurt anything?

yours.truly

Asked by yours.truly at 12:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I did it, but I bleed really really heavily a couple days later. But I had a csection so I don't know what the difference would be.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I can't even imagine how you could ask why it would hurt. I tore, and had an episotomy, so sex hurt for MONTHS after I delivered my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Your cervix isn't fully closed, and you risk getting bacteria into your uterus and causing infection.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• INFECTION for starters, just because you feel good, you body is still healing on the inside. The cervix and the uterus both need time to heal. You really need to wait for a little while longer.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• k, thats what i was looking for. the explanation about not being fully closed and getting an infection.. thanks ladies =]
    yours.truly

Answer by yours.truly at 12:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Not to be graphic, but you can pleasure each other in other ways, that should be safe!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My doctor said that the most important thing is to wait for the bleeding to stop. If you are still bleeding the risk of infection is much higher. If not go for it! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes..you Definitely want to wait ...plus..doesn't the blood that comes out SMELL....sorry just curious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My midwife advised to wait three days after bleeding, and use a condom, because you are highly likely to pass an egg prior to 6 weeks.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes, as long as you are bleeding that means your cervix is still open. It doesn't always happen, but the risk for infection is high during that time. Also, if you had an episiotomy, believe me, sex will hurt for weeks afterwards. I had one with my first child and had sex 4 weeks later and it was agonizing! My other 3 kids I did not have an episiotomy and sex didn't hurt, but still, it's the risk of infection and all your insides moving back into place.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009