Crazy red painless spots on my legs...HELP =[

So I have recently discovered many red marks all over my legs. They have been spreading all over my legs, butt, front, stomach, back, and sides. They are PAINLESS, and DO NOT itch...but obviously I still want to know what they are. They are various sizes, the smallest the size of a pin head, the largest is no bigger than a pinky nail. I went to the doc, and they said it could be a cold rash-except for I am done with my cold, and the spots are multiplying still. Again, they do not hurt, but they are starting to look really freaky. Does anyone have any idea what they might be??
Oh, and I am also on Mirana, an IUD birth control. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I have heard that some methods of birth control can make your skin produce spots...

xoJessyxo

Asked by xoJessyxo at 12:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• Well, it's not normal. I'd reread the side effects of the birth control but I'd go back to the doc and ask for bloodwork to be done just in case. How long have you had the spots? If it's not gone in a few days I would really insist on bloodwork or see a different doc. I know with babies rashes can appear after fevers or colds and with allergies. It could be a number of things but just don't blow it off for too long. Don't panic either, just get as much info as you can.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Id go to a dermatologist. Thats a Dr who specializes in skin problems. It dosnt sound normal to me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2009