Why does my 4 year old daughter behave so badly in school and not so much at home?

She is a twin with a boy. This is their first year in school but something is not right! She has the best, and sweetest teacher ever so i dont understand why she throws bad fits and does'nt listen or do her school work the way she is told to. I also have 2 older children, they are 6 and 5 and i have a 32 year old. Their Dad is currently in prison,he has been away for 14 months and wont be coming home for another 11 months. This 14 months has been the worst for us all.I hope that I can get some advice on how to get my 4 year old under control at school. She has already been sent to the principal and the counslers. I give her more and more time out each day that she has a bad report, and now I have to really figure it out, cause thats not working, each and every day she says she be good to her teacher but never does!! Thank you

Amylea1985

Asked by Amylea1985 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe she just really feels starved for attention. Try and talk to her about it. Ask her if she doesnt like school. Or whats going on. Maybe there is an underlying issue. She could just be upset or something and not understand how to work it out. Maybe ask her brother if htey are in the same class, maybe someone is really picking on her. There could be many things, or ask some of her friends.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009