Abesntmindedness?????

WASHINGTON—In what government officials are calling a stirring testament to the leadership and foresight of late U.S. president Ronald Reagan, nearly $20 trillion in low denomination bills were discovered this week buried in the White House Rose Garden.

Sealed in hundreds of old mason jars, crumpled shoe boxes, socks, metal tins, and oven mitts, the financial windfall is believed to have been stashed away by Regan, then 76, during his second term.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/u_s_government_finds_20_trillion

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Reagan was a good president. I believe it was in good intentions trying to bring those hostages home. I know it was wrong to negotiate with terrorists, but it was in good intentions. I felt bad for him suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. There are many people who believe in psychics so using that to attack them is stupid.
    But in relation to this post, I am hoping you know the Onion is made up news.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ah ha ha ha! If only. Thanks for the laugh!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'm old enough to recall how BAD Regan got bashed while in office and even after he was out of office. Then he up and dies and suddenly his policies were SO good for our country. NOT!! Did we all forget how clueless he looked on TV? He made the last Bush look smart. And Nancy? How do you trust anyone who regularly went to and believed psychics?

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I LOVED PRESIDENT REAGAN and I think he was the BEST president we had in the 20th century!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "I am hoping you know the Onion is made up news."

lol. how would all that money, especially in lower note value, fit in a "rose garden"?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Golly, that must be one good hound those Obama's got...sniffing out money and all......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• lol. how would all that money, especially in lower note value, fit in a "rose garden"?
    ________
    Can you blame me? I did just hear that two Bangladeshi newspapers reported an Onion article about Armstrong admitting the moon landing was fake! So I was just checking lol!
    See ------> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8237558.stm
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Can you blame me? I did just hear that two Bangladeshi newspapers reported an Onion article about Armstrong admitting the moon landing was fake! So I was just checking lol!

----------------

people will believe some crazy sh*t these days. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009