Can't remember my LMP?

It's already been established that I AM pregnant, and I have been feeling quite sick/nausea for the last 3 weeks, at least. I haven't been in to a Dr. yet, but I had a pregnancy test done at a clinic. I have been racking my brain trying to remember the day of mny last menstrual period, and I can't. I have absolutely NO idea. How will the doctor be able to figure out how far along I am? I'm not worried, just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A 1st trimester U/S is fairly accurate at estimating a due date since baby's development during the first 12 weeks follows a highly predictable pattern. A good doctor or midwife can, by asking the right questions, make a fairly educated guess as well. Most doctors won't do this and will just send you off for a U/s.

Funny story: I knew my LMP this time around, only it's from two years ago when my son was conceived. But talking with my midwife about when I started weaning my son, when I'd gotten a negative test, and so on, she was able to make a guess about my due date. A 1st trimester u/s has a plus/minus range of 5 days on either side of the date they tell you. My midwife's estimated date was well within the date range the u/s came up with! They'll be able to figure it out when you go for your first appointment. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• when they do your first ultra sound, they can measure how big the baby is and get a guess on how far along you are from that. so you'll be fine. good luck
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• they will estimate based on ultrasound, but just remember that the due date is just estimated so if they try to pressure you into induction just a week after your due date tell them you are not sure your baby is done cooking yet!!! lol. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2009