How do I tell my doula that we no longer need her?

My husband just got orders and we are moving out of state. I love my doula she's great but now with the move coming up we can no longer afford her. I plan on calling her in the morning but I don't know how to tell her we no longer need her/can afford her services. It really upsets me to have to give up my doula but I know I need to. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's nothing better then the truth.
    "After careful consideration of all of our current expenses, and keeping in mine any possible unexpected bills we have come to the unfortunate conclusion that we can no longer afford your services".
    Then praise her with compliments to let her know that you truly appreciated her services.

GL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree. Tell her the truth. Wow, I've seen a lot of your posts on here, you seem like such a sweet person and I'm sorry you have to let your doula go! We form such strong bonds with these women! She will understand babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sorry, LOL! I feel SO freaking dumb! I thought you were another person named tickled pink, I thought this was her question! Same still applies except for the seeing you post around, lol. Maybe I need sleep! :)
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009