When did you have your first doctors appointment after a positive pregnancy test?

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they wouldnt see me till I was 12 wks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I called the doctor the next day and he told me they could fit me in, in about a week, but i had to come in earlier to get my paperwork for my prenata lab work, and it has to be done before the first doctors apt. Hope this helped.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• that helps---ty
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They got me in about a week later. They did a urine tests, and it showed that I was pregnant, they then set me nextdoor to have an ultrasound done, and nothing could be seen. I was so scared that there was a problem, but they said if you are really early along in the pregnancy, sometimes you can't see anything. They had me come back in two weeks, and the picture showed the baby, which was only the size of a a grain of rice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My first pregnancy, I was in the fertility office three times between the fifth and 8th weeks of pregnancy (I got pregnant with Clomid). I had three u/s's, two sets of blood work, and the last time, I also did a prenatal screening with a nurse from the OB department. I didn't have my first official prenatal check up until I was 12 weeks along.

This time, I had my first appointment at 8 weeks because I literally did not know when I'd gotten pregnant (no cycles since the one my son was conceived on). The standard for my office is first appointment at 12 weeks but since we didn't know, they had me come in within a week of my first call.

So it kind of depends on the situation. A lot of places like to see you somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks for the first appointment.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my ob said she wants to see people at about 8 weeks.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I've had an appointment as early as 5 weeks, but the last one my first appointment was just shy of 12 weeks. I like that better because you can hear the heartbeat already. Earlier prenatal visits just serve to make me more nervous.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I had a registration appt at 6 weeks then my first actual ob appointment at 11. they usually like to see you at 12 but that week was booked. then after the 12 every 4 weeks...until the end when the visits get closer together
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• test positive at around 6 weeks. Appt at 8 weeks preg.
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 5:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• within a week.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2009