Should I FF or RF my 19 month old son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time to FF.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Whats a RF?
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Rear-facing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Forward Facing, Rear Facing.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Oh lol I was thinking it was formula feed and something haha. Oops. Need to get with the lingo I guess..
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I've seen a lot of debates on here about whether to RF or FF and the majority say to RF for as long as possible. I googled it and the proof is out there, RF for as long as possible is advised. But, you are the parent, you do what you feel like doing.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• the safest advice is to follow the recommendations on your carseat. If it says it's safe to RF until 25 pounds, and then FF to 35 pounds then that's what should be done. All carseats are different so make sure you check that before you make up your mind.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Rear-facing is much safer. Most convertible carseats will keep your son safely rear-facing to 35 pounds. If you choose to you can turn him forward at this point, as long as he is past the legal minimum of 20 pounds. Most parents are satisfied with the minimum for their kid, but ultimately it's your decision!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It's up to you. At this point, if he weighs enough he can go forward facing. But studies have shown that rear facing is safest. So if your car seat accomidates it and he's not too big, it's a good idea to rear face as long as possible. If you have a small car and space is an issue, you may want to forward face. Or if your child doesn't like to rear face and gets really fussy, etc. It's entirely up to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How much does he weigh? I'd probably say to continue to RF.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2009