What is going on?

QUARANTINE TO RESIDENCE ORDER (NON-COMPLIANCE)
This is a form for an individual who does not comply with the CHD guidelines on quarantine. This Form will be filled out in it it states... "YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE YOUR RESIDENCE. You are QUARANTINED to your residence at _________, and while QUARANTINED there shall continuously wear an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet on your ankle."

How is this legal?

http://www2a.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/FL%20Quarantine%20To%20Residence%20Order%20-%20NonCompliance%20Apr%2009%20252.pdf

http://www2a.cdc.gov/phlp/H1N1flu.asp#MV

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well..let's see. If you go to the REAL cdc.gov website, there's nothing on this so I think you are a troll planting phony websites to incite fear.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 3:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Here is another link http://www.cdc.gov/search.do?q=florida+quarantine&spell=1&ie=utf8
    it is the REAL CDC! Actually look at the site!
    Scroll down it is the 4th link down. I would NEVER troll what is the point? I am not here to argue. I am here to find out if this is legal and what I could do to go about defending myself against it since I live in Florida. Do not start drama if you can not help then do not ANSWER!

If you do not believe me go to the CDC website type in Florida Quarantine, maybe then you can believe me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Go to CDC.gov the search bar type in FLORIDA QUARANTINE TO RESIDENCE ORDER
    it will be the first link and second link. I hope this helps you find it and know I am not lying or trying to incite fear. I just want a way to get around them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I thought the US government has always had a standing legal order in place on case of quarantine situations.
    I seem to remember some missionary patients through CBN that got Malaria and brought it back to the US, and they were quarantined.
    Not sure how and if it is legal.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It may be a state thing or it may have been put in place a a just in case thing. Scary for sure but it has never been used. Of course if something is out there, you can bet Obama will use it sooner or later.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well, if people had enough sense to quarantine themselves....you know JUST STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK....the govt wouldn't have to make a law forcing you to.

Quarantine rules go way back. It is the nuts like the guy with TB that knew he wan't supposed to expose others and did it anyway that make the govt write a law.

RIP common sense.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009