What should I do, parenting conflict?

My husband and I can't seem to get on the same page of parenting. I would like to sit down with him and discuss stuff, but he won't make the time. Yet he goes and gets advice from other people and they don't give him bad advice, but he takes it and wants to run with it and gets so military about it, without talking to me first. It is driving me up the wall. What do I do? How do I deal with this? I tried talking to him tonight and he brushed me off. GOSH!!!!!! I am really frustrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• tell him moms know best,and if ur doing all the work with ur child. tell him u will raise ur kid ur way
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You really need to talk to him. Parents have to stand united or the kids will play you against each other. Maybe make a dinner date where you can talk in a public/neutral place without the kids around. Be willing to listen to his ideas and come up with a working plan. It takes compromise on both sides.

My ex & I can't stand each other but when it comes to parenting we back each other up.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That is all I want is to back each other up, I even back him up when I think he is dead wrong, and try to talk to him later about it. But most of the time, he just lets them do what ever they want and then gets angry about them not listening to him. Which is really frustrtating, because then at times he is a little too mean (IMO). He does this cycle. And I try to talk to him and I feel either like he is not listening to me or he listens and it goes in one ear and out the other. ARGGGGG!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Didn't the two of you addres this before having children?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009