Is it normal to have a fishy smell after child birth? It's been 4 weeks!

I want it to go away!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 3:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i never had that srry and i have 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i would go to the doc, could be a yeast infection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i never had that i have two....you could take a bath and see it that help.....but i would go to the doc and make sure everything is okay
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The old blood coming out usually smells kind-of weird but I wouldn't call it fishy. Maybe you have a yeast infection and don't know it?

Wifey2Watson

Answer by Wifey2Watson at 7:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• after my 1st child, i found out i had bacterial vaginosis (the hospital experience was to blame), however, I had no symptoms, but I suppose it happens sometimes, especially if it was a long labor. My labor was dry, my water broke 27 hours before the baby came out.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I've never heard of it and didn't experience it myself. The old blood coming out does have a very odd smell, but I wouldn't describe it as fishy and usually that smell is gone as soon as the bleeding stops. It sounds like you might have some sort of infection. I would suggest going to see a doctor to be on the safe side.
    bobbilinn7

Answer by bobbilinn7 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2009