considering getting my tubes tied...

I'm 24 expecting my second baby my oldest is almost 5.(Single mom) I have already signed the papers for a tubal at the time of my c-section. I'm really not as sure as I thought I was. My mom thinks I'm too young to know whether or not I will want another child in the future ( you know after I find prince charming and get married.) I'm starting to get nervous and running out of time to make a decision. I don't want my negativity towards men right now and being left to parent my children alone affect my decision and possibly end up regretting it later on. I'm just confused and in need of advice what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd wait to get your tubes tied umtil your at least in your 30, My friend was with the same guy for 7 years had 2 kids got her tubes tied they split now she's re-married and they want a baby more then any thing now and can't due to problems when she had the tubal.... . Go with the IUD safe long term upto 5 years gives you more time.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 4:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• oh hunni, i would wait if you are having doubts about it then you mustnt be ready, i am 27 and am pregnant with baby number 4 and i wanted my tubes tied after baby 3 but they refused me as they said i was to young and they only do it if you over 30 unless of medical conditions , but please think long and hard about your desition their are other things you could do rather than tube tied but only you can decide and have the answer and good luck all the best xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 7:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009