how many weeks were you when your doctor brought up being induced, or c-section, or stripping your membranes?

just wondering because my doctor said she wouldnt even discuss it until i hit ATLEAST 39 weeks... im not sure if thats average or not my mother in law says thats a little bit late but i really doubt it... i like my doctor she's awesome i trust her but im just wondering if thats about average?

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 5:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• didn't discuss it with my dr... i went into labor, was 3 cm dialated at 38 wks and they were going to send me home. But when I stood up they said the baby was too high for me to be in real labor and did an ultrasound discovering I had no amniotic fluid and she was breech. Then my water broke and they tried to turn her. They did an emergency C when her butt came down. Otherwise, after switching from dr to dr for my entire pregnancy due to insurance changes and moving from WA to AK nobody said anything about inducing! In fact, the last hospital I was at didn't have any of my records from any of my check ups. They didn't make it there in time!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my doctor started talking to me about it when i was 36 weeks along but she was talking about being induced because my husbands deployed and he was going to be able to make it home so i had my family come and she wanted to make sure i had someone here to help...i got my membrane swipped when i was 38 weeks along and thats when i had my dd and they did it cuz i was basically ready for her to come
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 5:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I had my membranes striped monday it didnt help so i go tomorrow to talk to the doc about being induces! Im 39wks 4d
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was in the hospital, in labor for 38 hours before anyone mentioned a c-section with my first and when I got pregnant with my 2nd 10 years later, a c-section was my choice and my doctor's.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Eight years ago when I had my daughter they would do it at 38 weeks, but more recently there has been a recommendation to drs to wait until at least 39 weeks. So when I had my son, they wouldn't do it until 39.

Answer by missanc at 7:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• they didn't discuss it w/ me. i didn't want to be induced and they knew it. i wasn't high risk, and there was no need for a c/s.
    that seems about right for when dr's usually discuss it, but unless there's a TRUE medical reason, you shouldn't be induced until 42 weeks. and even then, you don't have to, as long as there's careful monitoring.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 40+w. Here, they won't induce until you are at least 7 days past due, unless there is a medical reason - and being uncomfortable or wanting to do it at a certain time is not a medical reason. I've had my membranes stripped at 39w, but it didn't work. I don't know when the c/s talk might begin, I had one unplanned one with my last baby. But that's only because we found out he was breech after 16 hours of labour and there was meconinum in the fluid, so we wanted to get him out quick.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Now, keep in mind that this was 16 yrs ago, but my ds was due Dec 20. Then they adjusted my due date to Dec 25. I was induced on Jan 4, and ended up, for a lot of reasons, having to have an emergency c-section. My dd, who was born 15 yrs ago, was due on the 11th of April, and because of a lot of things (she was born 15 mos after her brother, we moved there at the beginning of my 3rd trimester and because of the problems with his birth), they started talking about inducing me or scheduling another c-section about a week after my due date, but I went into labor before it happened.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 41+ weeks
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I had my memebranes stripped every week from 37 weeks on. i was induced a week past my due date. i ended up with a c-setion.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 8:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2009